I drove by Bob Beard Elementary the other day and was brought back a year ago (almost exactly) to the day when we first arrived and drove by her school to check it out. When I first saw that school it seemed big, cold and I felt anxious. Now when I go to the school I feel overwhelmed with gratitude for how good that school has been for Annie and our family. It would take me too long to count all the friends we have made and all the blessings that have come into our life through that school. What a difference a year makes! We are sad that Annie won't get to go to Beard again next year. She will be starting at a brand new elementary school that is closer to our home....just off Bandera. I think it is called Kuentz. I'm sure Annie will love it too. We are excited Mrs. Girma will be teaching Kinder there. Hopefully, Annie will get to see her on occasion. Anneliese had her closing ceremony at school today, so I guess I can say, she graduated from Kindergarten today. (School doesn't let out until next week.)Anneliese looked gorgeous in her sparkly pink dress and flowered pigtails. The classroom was crowded with parents and various family members. Luckily, Lee was able to get the afternoon off and so our whole family attended. The kids walked in to the classroom carrying a flower that represented them. Anneliese chose a red rose. Mrs. Girma talked about how all the flowers are different, but beautiful and special....just like the children. Each of the children were presented with an Award. Annie's was "Helping Hands." That is very fitting for her. Mrs. Girma did a powerpoint photo presentation of the year. It was really cute to see all the photos of the kids from the past year. One of the room mothers, Robin, presented Mrs. Girma with a recipe book she had made with recipes submitted from the children. It was adorable. Anneliese wanted to share Bran Muffins. The celebration ended with an ice cream social. Annie just had a popsicle because she is not a big ice cream fan. Anneliese has been sad for a few weeks about the end of school, but recently said, "I don't have to be sad because I don't have to say good-bye. I'm going to have playdates."
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How will you manage with Annie in school all day this fall?
Post a Comment