She turned six on Sunday.
Here are a bunch of photos from her party at our home. She had a joint party with a cute little kinder friend, Morgan, who turned six the same week.
* Birthday girls Morgan and Annie.
The celebration theme was Fancy Nancy. Fancy Nancy is a character from a series of children's books. You can check out one here, or really check one out at your local library. That is where we first found her.
The Refreshment table.
CRAFT TIME:
The girls made purses. They also got fancy with boas, tutus, painted nails and glittered body stickers.
STORY TIME:
We had to read a Fancy Nancy book.
Annie is pinning the jewel on the tiara of Nancy.
The fancy dress-up relay race.
*
Anneliese and Morgan after getting made fancy by the other girls.
Anneliese and Morgan after getting made fancy by the other girls.
*
We had some other activities planned,
We had some other activities planned,
but everyone wanted to keep playing this....
and just about everyone....
wanted a turn to be dressed fancy.
It wasn't originally planned to have this outside, but lucky for us the weather was great.
Annie and the cake.
Morgan and the cake.
Blowing out the candles:
This is the look I got when I announced everyone could choose chocolate, vanilla or carrot cake. Unfortunately the carrot cake was the top layer. Of course, most of the girls were shouting out requests for chocolate. Thank you, Lee, for so enthusiastically doing the honors.
12 comments:
Are you kidding me with this party?!?!?! Seriously I wish I could have gone, it looks so fun and fancy!!! And that CAKE!!! Come back to Vegas and throw me a Fancy Nancy party next year!
Now we really know why Annie said she didn't need anything for her birthday! You did a really cute job with the cake! How are you going to top it next year??
That beats out any birthday party I've ever been to. I wish I could have been there. Your party decorating skills astound me...and that cake is AMAZING! I didn't see where you mentioned who the cake was made by. You are too modest.
Thanks for your kind comments. Mary Lynne and Holly---I'm glad you approve of the cake since you two are the professionals. Thanks ML for your help advising and in decorating....especially the chandelier. I wish it would have been in more shots. Well, it will definitely get more use.
This party was in our sunroom, which is virtually unusable six months out of the year. I think I will just leave it decorated, though part of me wants to switch it over to Christmas decor since it is a fish bowl. So, Marci, if you come out here we are ready for your party anytime.;)
Will you throw me a "Nifty Fifty" birthday party next year? I'd fly to San Antonio for it for sure!
I vote you head of the Party-Planning Committee. That looks like the cutest, most fun party EVER! The only party that might surpass its greatness is the birthday party you're throwing for me next year. Better get on it!
Natalie and Kristin---party is on! I hope you like pink and purple and butterflies.
I tagged you on my blog.
Suzanne,
You need to start a party business!You are so creative! It looks like everyone had a great time. I don't know how you manage to do it, every party is more fun than the last!
That is one awesome party!!! Your girls are so lucky to have such a talented mommy. Wow!
Wow! That is the fanciest party I've every seen. Spectacular job! I really love that picture of Lee's face. Hilarious. I think Ken would have given me the same look. We miss you guys!
What a cute party! I need to get Maryn to read those Fancy Nancy books...my sister really likes them, too. I thought your dressup game was a fun idea.
Post a Comment