Friday, April 17, 2009
Dead and Alive
When we first moved into this house last summer, we had a handful of indoor lizard sightings and captures. It was shocking at first, but then the exterminator started coming and our encounters ended. I hadn't seen one inside since.... until last week, when I saw a dead one in our sunroom. That was creepy enough. Then, last night I heard Abi exclaim, "There's a snake!" I was busy in the kitchen and probably would have blown her off saying something like, "There's no snake, it's just string or a toy." But, this time I knew better. Because, two days prior I did discover a little snake (I can barely type these words) in our kitchen. Thankfully, the girls were in bed and of course Lee wasn't home, so I quickly covered it with a bucket and waited for Lee to get home and free it into the wild. It looks like it is a Leptotyphlops dulcis, or a Texas Slender Blindsnake. It is harmless and very small, but still a snake is a snake and should not be in my house. I didn't want to post this because I am still traumatized (and I don't want to deter visitors), but I figured one day when we have moved far from here I will probably be in mourning missing San Antonio. It is then that I can look at my blog and remember some of the things (though they be few) that I did not like about this place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
What is that and where did you find it?
Our new pet....NOT! Ha ha!
You discovered my picture before I finished typing. Now you can read all about it. I am thinking I might have to delete this posting because it creeps me out everytime I look at it.
Gross!!!
Quite creepy! I'm glad I at least got two visits in creature-free!
My boys would have thought that ws the coolest thing. Although inside your home is a different story. Good luck with that sort of thing.
Eeeewwww!
I would be freaking out too! When I was in Indiana last summer we kept finding little ring neck snakes inside and out. They are harmless, but I am terrified of snakes! Yikes! I hope you don't see anymore!
uhhhmmmmm...yeah....I don't know if we can ever come to your house again. sorry.
Ok, ok. I 'm just kidding. You should see the stuff I catch in my house.
Post a Comment