Sunday, April 5, 2009

Update

Abi and Lee got home this morning after 4:00. Lee said Abi was a little trouper. She put on her game face for the IV and held very still as she watched herself get poked. Dad was so proud! Lee said he really missed me when he needed to collect the urine sample. (So glad I'm good for something.) The doctors think she has Henoch-Schonlein Purpura, which is something I have never heard of before. Leave it to the Roundys to have their child contract some funky german-named disease. You can look it up here . The first picture shown on this site resembles how Abi's rash looked on Thursday and then the second picture resembles how it appeared last night. If you look at these pics you will see reason for our alarm. We are now just needing to monitor her for kidney problems, but then other than that the prognosis is good.
Thanks to everyone for your concern and prayers!

9 comments:

Janet said...

Oh I hope Abi makes a complete recovery soon! That rash is pretty scary looking from the link you posted. It's so weird to have such symptoms suddenly appear--especially turning into bigger splotches with swelling in her legs.

Lorilee said...

I about died when I saw the pictres. I am sorry that Abi has to go through that. I sure hope things go well and she will recover soon. What a scare. I am sure Lee missed you more than he lead on at the ER. Take care.

Isabel said...

I'm glad she's okay and the prognosis is good. It must have been really scary.

Mary Lynne said...

My poor Abi! I hadn't pictured anything nearly as severe as those pictures. Yikes!

Kade and Emily said...

Wow, that is scary! Get well, soon, Abi!

April said...

Oops! I accidentally posted that under Isabel's blog login! You're probably thinking "Who is Isabel?"

Allison said...

Holy Cow! Thanks for the update. I hope she heals fast. We love you.

Elder Hinrichsen said...

I am glad she's home and things are looking better!!! The pictures on the link look scary. Hope you guys get some sleep tonight!

NatalieD said...

Oh, my goodness!!! I hope Abi has a complete recovery with no recurrence.