The girls routinely say their own prayers at bedtime. This past week Abi was a little resistant one night when we had company. I said, "Heavenly Father will be sad if you don't talk to Him tonight." Her reply, "When is He going to talk to us?"
Abi came to me a few days ago with a sad look on her face and asked, "Why don't I have a testimony? I read the scriptures and I pray."
We first had to discuss what a testimony was and then we talked about things of which we should have a testimony. I asked her if she believed in Heavenly Father and that she was His child. She nodded. I asked if she believed in Jesus. She said yes and her smile grew as we talked more about Him. The questions and answers continued with growing enthusiasm in this sweet little three-year-old leading her to acknowledge her testimony and exclaim, "I can talk about it in church!"
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Suzanne I am so proud of you. Never let a teaching moment pass you by. I bet she will treasure those moments with you. A seed has definitly been planted.
I love that little Abigail! She is such a doll and so are her sisters.
Post a Comment