Sunday, May 3, 2009

Wedding of the Year

In February, I flew by myself for the weekend to SLC to attend Melanie and Greg's wedding. Melanie is my double-cousin, so it was a doubly special occasion.
I'd like to thank many of the people who made this trip possible:
-Elena, for successfully weaning in time.
-My supportive and capable husband, who funded the trip and promised to feed my kids while I was away.
-The de-icers in Denver who didn't allow me to be snowed in.... despite a freak and sudden snow storm.
-The fight crew, naturally.
-My parents and sister, Holly, for picking me up at the airport and bunking with me in the extra special disabled room I so ably booked.
-The rest of my ancestors and family members.
-And this time, mostly Melanie and Greg, the beautiful couple who found each other and gave me an excuse to escape the heat of a San Antonio winter to experience the winter wonderland of Utah and a magical wedding. Thank you everyone!!!!!! Here are a few pictures:


Elegant Parents of the Bride


Decked Out Reception



Skilled Artisan Holly Jolley and Masterpiece Cake


Dashing Groom, Unknown Guest, Beautiful Bride

THE Cake

Cute Little Fam: McKay, Nathan, Mary Lynne

The Gourmet Dessert Buffet


Lovebirds: Preston and Kristin


Ariel, Janet, Grant, Brian, Bridget and Presenting Newest Addition: Harmony
(Meeting and holding her was definitely a big highlight)


My camera was being held hostage at the temple, so I didn't get any good pictures there and then the rest of the day my views of Melanie and Greg were blocked by large crowds of people. It's kind of funny that the best picture I have of the bride and groom is the one with Holly standing in between them.
I'll close with an Office quote from Michael: They say that your wedding day goes by in such a flash that your lucky if you even get a piece of your own cake. I say that's crazy. I say let them eat cake. Margaret Thatcher said that about marriage. Smart broad.

4 comments:

Steve and Holly said...

It was really fun!!! I had a dream last night about going to Disneyland with you. After we got there -- with the parents and no kids -- you had a headache and just wanted to stay in the motel. I think it must have been an imposter!

April said...

I'm glad that you were able to get away (alone!) and have such a great time! The reception looks great.

Roundy Clan said...

I thought of you and Lee yesterday because at our walmart they have The Office 2009 calendars on sale for 5 cents! haha

Melanie said...

I'm so far behind in my blog viewing and I just saw your post!

The bride was so honored that her doubly special cousin would travel all the way from Texas just to attend her wedding.

Ok, I'll stop talking in 3rd person!

Thanks for the sweet post and for coming to our wedding!!! (Oh, and thanks for all of the great/interesting gifts! Thank you notes are in process--finally!)

One of the regrets I have from my wedding day is that I didn't get a photo with my 5 doubly special cousins!