Christopher and Michael with Ethan in the back. I can't believe these two big boys will be headed off on missions in a few months. Wouldn't it be cool if one or both got sent to England!?Sunday, January 24, 2010
Family Reunion in Idaho
I took the girls on vacation for a month last summer to Utah, Idaho and California. We all know I am often not a current blogger. With me, you get to experience summer in the dead of winter. Maybe come spring I will get around to Christmas. Anway, I took hundreds of photos of our family reunion in Idaho. Knowing that, the ones I post here won't seem so numerous. Here are a few of my favorites.
This is us on the front porch of my dad's childhood home.
Abi is posing in the by the nature bed that Annie made.
Sara and Emily are enjoying the delicious dutch oven dinner their dads made.
Picnic time.
The grove of trees in the backyard where the kids happily played for hours. I'm so thankful my kids get to play here as I did in my childhood. This is one of my happy places.
The little ones are nesting.
David
Annie
Annie, Mary with Elena, Mary and Mom on the lodge front porch.
Elena, Emily, Bryan, David, John, Sara, Abi take a moment from their home building in the trees. They had fun gathering supplies and sectioning off areas to make rooms. My girls wanted to live here.
The lodge and property.
Alan, Mary Lynne and Dad on game night.
Christopher and Michael with Ethan in the back. I can't believe these two big boys will be headed off on missions in a few months. Wouldn't it be cool if one or both got sent to England!?
McKay (aka, Cake), Elena, Abi with Bear, Kristin and Annie
Abi and Annie with Aunt Mary
Kristin was so sweet to take Abi and Annie swimming at Downetta Hot Springs.
Elena at the Mink Creek Cemetary. This is the place to be buried....so beautiful and peaceful on the hill behind the church.
John with Bear and Kaleb waiting for the parade to start. She the people lining the streets? This is the most popular parade I've been to. (I need to go to Days of '47 and Macy's.)
This is where Elena first had root beer and became an addict. She took the can from Abi and wouldn't give it back. She started calling it just "beer." After we got back from our trip, we went to lunch with friends and Elena kept asking for beer. Shortly thereafter, she changed it to "berries." Elena loves berries.
Our gang waiting for the famous Preston Rodeo Parade.
Aunt Mary holding Elena at the Bluebird restaurant in Logan. This was our first visit to this historic landmark in Logan.
Annie, Sara, Abi, Emily and David enjoying delicious Aggie ice cream. Again, another first.
Bridget, Emily, Annie, Sara and Abi posing at their great-great Grandmother's grave. It was so sweet to watch them clear the grass covering her marker and see them arrange and place a beautiful bouquet of wild flowers. I hope GGG-Ingrid knows she is loved and appreciated by her posterity.
Christopher and Michael with Ethan in the back. I can't believe these two big boys will be headed off on missions in a few months. Wouldn't it be cool if one or both got sent to England!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for letting us share your life through your blog!
Adopt me, that looks like a ROCKIN REUNION!!!
Post a Comment