I play the piano in Relief Society and yesterday when I entered the room to play I noticed Michael Ballam sitting quite close to the piano. I then wished I had practiced a little more. Luckily, while playing prelude, the Relief Society President came over and told me that Brother Ballam was going to do the opening number for us. Sweet.
Last night Michael Ballam gave an inspiring and motivating fireside for our stake. I was grateful I had the opportunity to attend.
This reminds me of a quote from The Office: "I captivated the guy who captivated a thousand guys. Can you believe that? A thousand guys."
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so glad you shared a quote from the Office! I love that show. How crazy to have Michael Ballam performing in Relief Society. What a nice treat. I'm sure you would have been just as good on the piano though. Miss you guys. Tell Lee we really miss having him as a hometeacher. We still haven't had a visit or phone call from a hometeacher since we got here. But they also haven't given Ken a hometeaching route yet. :)
Wow. He is my favorite!! What a cool opportunity. Glad you're putting those skills to use!!!
Hi Suzanne!!!! My kids and I get a kick out of the Office, too. (actually I think Seth has memorized the first 2 seasons.) Brent doesn't like it that much. But when you're as funny as he is, who needs scripted comedy, right? Ask Lee what Brent said about Michael Ballam singing. I think that's pretty neat (I would have been very intimidated to be playing the piano with him in the room, too.)
Post a Comment