I'm grateful I had the opportunity to attend the broadcast showing at our stake center with a group of sisters from my ward. It was excellent. Lee was great to tend the kids for our five-hour outing. I'm thankful to my husband who continues to let me live my dream and my fantasy. (payback)
My excitement for General Conference has been enhanced!
I don't have exact quotes from the meeting, but I did take notes.
Here is what stood out to me from the sisters:
Our homes should be a refuge
If we heed personal revelation we cannot fail
The Lord expects us to increase our offering
If we live up to our priveleges, the angels cannot be restrained.
From President Uchtdorf:
We each have an inherent wish to create (so true!)
Creating leads to happiness and fulfillment (explains a lot about me)
We are spirit daughters of the most creative being in the universe
Creativity is bringing something into existence that didn't exist before
Don't let fear of failure or the voice of critics stop you
The more we rely on the spirit, the greater our capacity to create
The more we serve the more substance there is to our souls
Work cures our grief
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves
The number of prayers we answer may be of greater importance than the prayers we say.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment