Friday, September 26, 2008

What's Your Favorite Office Moment?

We were so excited about the season premiere of The Office, that we had a little party and invited some friends over to watch the show with us. It was fun to share the laughs.
During the commercial breaks we passed out gifts in brown lunch sacks with quotes stapled on from previous Office episodes. Each recipient had to read the quote aloud before opening the package.

Here are a few favorites:

Michael Scott: Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I donno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make. (GIFT: shower gel)

Kelly: I have so much to tell you!
Jim Halpert: Really?
Kelly: Yes! Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, they had a baby and they named it Suri and then Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, they had a baby too and they named it Shiloh and both babies are amazing!
Jim Halpert: Great. What's new with you?
Kelly: I just told you.
(GIFT: tabloid magazine with Suri on cover)

Michael Scott: I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon, sue me. And since I don't have a butler, I have to do it myself. So, most nights before I go to bed, I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill. I go back to sleep again. Then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious, it's good for me, it's the perfect way to start the day.
(GIFT: bacon bits)

Karen: I think I'm just allergic to your perfume.
Phyllis: My perfume?
Karen: You know, it's just my crazy nose. I'm, uh, used to different smells.
Phyllis: Bob Vance bought this perfume for me in Metropolitan, Orlando. It's made from real pine.
Karen: Who's Bob Vance?
Phyllis: You have a lot to learn about this town, sweetie.
(GIFT: pine air freshener)

Dwight Schrute: I have been Michael's number two guy for about five years, and we make a great team. We're like one of those classic famous teams. He's like Mozart and I'm like Mozart's friend. No, I'm like Butch Cassidy and Michael is like Mozart. You try and hurt Mozart, you're gonna get a bullet in your head, courtesy of Butch Cassidy.
(GIFT: toy gun)

Michael: Phyllis is getting married and I am in the wedding party. She has asked me to push her father's wheelchair down the aisle, so basically I am co-giving away the bride. Since I pay her salary it is like I am paying for the wedding, which I am happy to do. It's a big day for Phyllis, but it's an even bigger day for me - Employer-of-the-bride.
Michael: Me walking Phyllis down the aisle was supposed to be the highlight of the wedding. And now, the wedding has no highlight.
(GIFT: package of highlighters)

Whenever I am about to do something I ask myself 'would an idiot do this?' and if the answer is yes then I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
(GIFT: Idiot's Guide Book)

I love re-reading these, but at the risk of this being the longest blog entry ever...I am going to stop. If you want a list of all the quotes and gifts just let me know and I will e-mail you.

What is your favorite quote from The Office?

8 comments:

Mary Lynne said...

One of my favorites:

"Alright let me ask you this, tell me if you think this is creative. When I was five, I imagined that there was such a thing as a unicorn. And this was before I had even heard of one, or seen one. I just drew a picture, of a horse, that could fly over rainbows, and a had a huge spike in its head. I was five! Five-years-old. Couldn't even talk yet." - Michael Scott

Mary Lynne said...

I also love this one:

"They're wrong, you are creative. Each and every one of you. You are so much more creative than all the other dry, boring morons that you work with." - Michael Scott

Ed and Stacey said...

Ed and I love the office too. We actually got all the seasons and watched before last night! That is so neat and creative about the party gifts.

adesignstar said...

Fun! Please e-mail me!

Steve and Holly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NatalieD said...

I'm not an "Office" watcher, but others in my family are, and although they love the show, they rarely watch it any more.

Anonymous said...

Kelly: Darryl Philbin is the most complicated man that I have ever met. I mean who says exactly what they're thinking? What kind of game is that?

Preston and Kristin said...

I like quotes about Toby:

Michael Scott: Toby has been cruisin' for a bruisin' for twelve years. And I am now his cruise director. And my name is Captain Bruisin'.

or Prison Mike:
Michael Scott: Close your eyes. Picture a convict. What's he wearing? Nothing special. Baseball cap on backward, baggy pants. He says something ordinary like, 'yo that's shizzle'. Okay, now slowly open your eyes again. Who you picturing? A black man? Wrong. That was a white woman. Surprised? Well shame on you.