Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Texas Hazing X2

I haven't posted anything for awhile because apparently I have had West Nile Virus. It hasn't been confirmed since there is a little discrepancy as to what I should do about it. I'm just waiting for the doctor's office to call me back and tell me if I need to come in. I haven't been too worried since I am finally feeling better, but the back of my neck is achy. As I write this I feel like a hypochondriac, but you should all know I am not the sickly type.
Plus, I've now had my first fire ant bite. Ouch! And it still looks ugly three weeks later. I heard on the radio that the combined weight of the world's ant population is greater than the combined weight of the world's human population. We should beware, lest they turn on us. That's something to think about at night.
Before we moved to San Antonio, several former residents said they didn't let their children play outside. I'm now one of those freaks. We have a playhouse inside. Can I put in a swing-set?

6 comments:

Mary Lynne said...

I'm sorry you've had it so rough! I'm glad you're feeling better and hope the rest of your symptoms completely clear up soon. Texas bugs don't bite visitors, right?

Preston and Kristin said...

West Nile Virus?!?! Oh my! What drugs are you taking? ;) Just curious. Oh yeah, get well soon.

NatalieD said...

Maybe it's the bugs who coined the phrase "Don't mess with Texas!" I hope this is the end of your insect woes.

Ed and Stacey said...

HI! It is good to see you are well! (well minus this post). I remember the bugs being really big when I was in TX. How are things?? We think of you often here in Vegas!

April said...

SO sorry to hear that! I hope that you recover quickly. Fire ants are horrid! I was bitten a lot by them the summer I spent in Texas as a teenager. It was NOT pretty.

kimbo said...

Hey! I didn't know you were a blogger. Guess I wasn't paying too much attention till now. Hope you are enjoying Texas. Sounds like it's exciting. :) Crazy about the West Nile Virus. Scary, really. Hope your doctors get it figured out. Please keep in touch.
Kim